We’re back to tell you about the new features and improvements that went live on June 1. The updates include some of the most frequently requested features and a few UX enhancements we thought everyone could benefit from. Here’s all you need to know:
- We’ve added the ability to write off expired inventory
This feature was designed to reduce the risk of selling unsafe products and streamline expense reporting. Go to Inventory ->Serial/Lot numbers, then click on the Expiring Products button to see all the products that have expired or are expiring today. Mark the ones you want to write off, create a Memo if necessary, and click Write off. HandiFox generates a new counting session as a result of this inventory write-off which is then found in QuickBooks Online as an inventory adjustment.
- We’ve extended the sales by product/service report
Navigate to Sales Reports->Sales by Product/Service Summary and set up the date range. The system now shows the Cost, Profit by Item, Total Profit, and Margin % by Item. This should give you a broader view of how each single product contributes to increasing your margins.
- We’ve made barcode generation more flexible
Until now, you’ve been able to mass-generate barcodes for ALL of your items but haven’t been able to CHOOSE specific items you want to get new barcodes for. Going forward, you can mark the items you want to generate barcodes for without affecting the other products’ barcodes. Go to Inventory->Barcodes, check items, and click Generate - a new popup will appear where you can adjust the length (number of characters) and select the type of barcodes (alpha-numeric or numeric only).
- We’ve added the ability to quickly generate any transaction
The left-side navigation menu now has a new + button that brings up all transaction types available as per your subscription plan, so you can go ahead and generate one on the spot, no extra clicks!
- Other improvements:
● Added Ship Date to Sales Orders so that the warehouse team can keep an eye on when to start picking/packing
● Increased the number of digits in Payment Amount to 999 999 999 for users that have to deal with 9-digit numbers
● Payment Method for each transaction is now shown next to Customer Name on the Sales Transactions page
● Added Total items and Total quantity to the Edit Sales Order or Create Sale Order pages.Be sure to check out the new functionality and stay tuned for more updates.